5 Reasons to Get a Wood Slab Counter-top | Walnut Counters
So you’ve decided you want something different than granite. You want to think outside the box as far as your new counter-top is concerned. With a wood slab counter-top, you have the chance to totally reinvent the look and feel of your kitchen space. TimberKrete has put in a number of solid wood counter-tops, from beauty bars, to private homes, to cafes. And with every single wood counter installation, the end result has been one that has visitors talking.
So Why a Wood Counter-top?
- Wood warms up the space. A wood slab counter-top instantly brings a new level of warmth and richness. Especially set against stainless appliances, the contrast of the wood slab with the steeliness of the metal really does add another design layer.
- Wood is more forgiving. At TimberKrete we have a specialized water resistant finish that we could do on your solid wood counter. And as with any counter surface, any of the finishes can scratch, but getting the scratch out is so much easier (and less expensive) with wood.
- A wood slab counter is unique. Granite, quartz, Corian and laminate are all quite common counter-top materials. Certainly there’s nothing wrong with any of these—but we’re partial to wood. Not to mention, fewer people have solid slab walnut or maple or oak counter-tops—which means yours will definitely be one-of-a-kind.
- That’s the other thing—no two are ever alike. Because each wood slab is different, each with its own tones and grain and movement, there is never going to be another duplicate of your wood counter-top.
- Wood goes with everything. Whatever your style, whatever predominant color in your kitchen, a wood counter-top will fit right in. Its deep neutrality makes a strong statement. That’s one of the things we love about wood counters.
TimberKrete Custom Would Love to Supply Your Wood Slab Counter-top
The process is easy. Simply go to our counter-tops page. Fill out the form and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your solid slab counter-top needs. You really will be installing a work of art in your kitchen.